Tuesday, December 20, 2005

How to industrialize cq square making

I am inherently lazy so I am always looking for ways to make things easier and do things quicker. It doesn't always work but often I get lucky.
I am using four different template designs to make 24 cq squares.
This is how the process has evolved so far:
Template #1 -- I enlarged one of the templates to the size I wanted, then traced it onto freezer paper, cut the the freezer paper pieces, ironed them onto the materials, trimmed the pieces to size and sewed the finished naked square.
Repeat process on templates 2,3 and 4.
OK. That's four squares.
How can I streamline the process? Why not do the preparation process at the same time for each template (i.e. piece and cut all four) and then sew all four at the same time? Big time saver.
OK. Now I have eight squares.
What would have if I photocopied extra copies of each template, spray glued them to the freezer paper, and finished the prep for the remaining 16 squares at once and then sewed the 16 squares at once?
I don't know but I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...