Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Countdown to seder

Well, I've done as much cleaning as I'm going to do. Just about everything on my list was finished. Yesterday, Menachem cooked. I came home from work to my end of the bargain -- washing the dishes. I put most of them in the dishwasher and did the rest by hand so by Coronation Street (7:30 p.m.) the gefilteh fish and tsimmes were in the fridge, the soup and kneidlach were cooling down, the chicken was in the oven, and the kitchen ready for today's cooking: baked potatoes and yams and roasted vegetables. Menachem made a delicious charoset but the hard-boiled eggs didn't peel nicely and they are all pocked. We'll spin it as part of the hardship of our forefathers in their haste to leave Egypt...
So my jobs today are: peel potatoes and yams, clean and cut vegetables, cut up celery (karpas) for seder, set up tables for 24, set table, last minute cleaning.
And if i get a chance, straighten up sewing room, although I have several wip's going so a messy (but clean) sewing room is allowed.
OK. Since it's 3 a.m., I think I'll go back to bed.
Chag Sameach

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...