Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Fabricland's birthday

I don't generally celebrate birthdays for commercial enterprises, but along with a great sale, Fabricland is having draws for new sewing machines. So I stopped by after work -- I walked and it's on my way home -- dropped off my ballot and bought some fabrics to match the trims from Penina's invitation. Four colours of blue, one silver and a lovely unrelated almost beige with blue green flowers. I only bought 15 cm. of each because cq doesn't require much more. And five meters of various lace trims and a meter of absolutely gorgeous gold, cranberry and moss green trim. Grand total? $12.39. Now there are two weeks left on the sale and two more ballots to be dropped off. I wonder what I'll buy next week...
I don't expect I'll get any stitching done in the next week or so. I can't seem to drag myself out of bed in the mornings and am too tired in the evening, and this weekend is Pesach cleaning and then there's Pesach prep, even though Menachem does all of the cooking. But the following weekend, chuppah.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...