Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Let me rethink that new year's resolution...

A few days ago, a colleague at work asked if anyone would be interested in stair climbing at work. I figured, sure, why not. Today we started. After climbing up 22 flights of stairs and down 12, I'm not so sure. I'm doing it to get fit, burn calories. So I'm thinking -- if going down stairs only burns half of what going up does, why not just go down twice?... I hope that Gwen, who does the annual CN Tower climb, is right when she says it will get easier as I get into better shape.
And bless her for her patience. She can do the office stairs in about 6 minutes but she went along with me at my pace, stopping so I could gasp for air, and it took us considerably longer. I'm hoping I'll be able to stop less often and too embarrassed to quit...

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...