Saturday, January 07, 2006

Time flies

I can't believe it's already Saturday night.
I didn't get much done creatively today -- Menachem is flying to Israel in a few hours and we had last minute shopping and laundry to do.
We went to Walmart to get presents for the great-nephews. Nothing too special but just something so they'll know we were thinking of them. Hope we chose well. It's so hard to know what to get when we only see them once a year.
Actually, that's all we went to buy. But they were having a sale on some clear plastic containers and I needed (i.e. wanted) some for my studio. I bought eight which fit neatly under one of the tables. Now that I'm embellishing, I also wanted something to house the various threads, ribbons, findings, etc.so that I can gather them up quickly if I feel like doing some quilting or something else which requires a clear working surface. I found a three drawer clear plastic container, the drawers come out for easy access, but also can be quickly returned to their place and the whole unit taken off the table. I'm still thinking about how to house the ribbons for easy access. In the meantime, I have taken a hanger, cut it open on one end, put the ribbon rolls on it, twisted the neck and fit the neck over the table but I'm still not pleased with the result and am still looking for a better solution -- maybe something suspended from the ceiling. hmmm. I also bought a tatting shuttle and hope I can make sense of the instructions so I can teach myself to tat.
Anyways, while we were there, Menachem bought a few shirts, I got some salsa and peanut butter and we got some wool for Rotem. Then we went to Staples to get Carmit some labels and I went into BouClair looking for "tiger tape" so that I can use it to get my embroider stitches more evenly spaced. I only found 1/4" quilters tape but I will try using that and make my own markings on it.
We came home, I did a few loads of laundry, Menachem packed and I organized my studio.
Tomorrow, my plan is to continue embellishing. And maybe start another baby quilt.
Or maybe just veg. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...