Thursday, December 29, 2005

Binding the baby quilt

So I decided to jump in and machine sew the binding. After about a linear foot of straight stitch, I didn't like it. I switched to zig-zag and because of the variegated thread, it turned out pretty nicely. Of course it's not perfect but neither am I so I will do minor repairs by hand using, I hope, invisible stitches and that's that. I am quite pleased with myself. Photo to follow when DH returns.

Now I shall return to the cq squares, finish sewing blocks into rows and go from there.

Off to my day job. I like it, but on cold, damp, drizzling, dreary days like today, I wish I worked from home.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...