Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Canadian winters

My attempts to photgraph my work have been hampered by winter. Although I have a cathedral window in my living room, but when I leave for work at 8:30 a.m., it's still not bright enough for photography. And by 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. when I return, it's already too dark. Coupled with a windowless cubicle at work, I see very little sunlight during the day and by evening am just feeling too blah to do much of anything. I can hack the cold weather and even the chilling winds. It's the lack of sunlight which does me in.

Yesterday I left work early (2:30 p.m.). Menachem picked me up and dropped me off to pay a shiva visit at a friend from the Pomegranate Guild who's mother had died. Ruth was introducing me to her friends as "an amazing artist" and I was very flattered. I do nice work but don't consider myself anything near an artist. Ruth had some beautiful artwork in her place and I was itching to come home and do something "artistic".

Especially since Menachem had gone to pick up my sewing machine from servicing while I was visiting. I read somewhere on the internet that I should have my sewing machine serviced annually because if it was my car, I'd take it for regular servicing. And I have had the same machine for 16 years without servicing it. Again, by the time we got home, I just put it in my sewing room and left it at that.

Maybe today, ha ha.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...