Thursday, December 29, 2005

Every little bit helps

I am trying to do at least a little bit of creative work each day. I was going to hand sew a few needed stitches into the baby quilt but this would require being extremely focussed and by the time I got home from work today, I was just too tired for it.

So instead, I finished sewing together all the rows of the crazy quilt. I now have a quilt four 6" squares by six 6" squares. And no excuses not to start embellishing. It's a good thing it's again a long weekend.

On the way home from work, I stopped into the dollar store and bought some clothing dye. I have a bunch of white and off-white fabric motifs which are a bit too stark and I am going to try dyeing them in varying shades of purple. I don't know what material they are so let's hope it's not something synthetic which won't take the dye. I shall, of course, report on the results.

I also found some crocheted motif instructions on the net and will try them out as well. Tomorrow, when I'm awake.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...