Monday, February 20, 2006

Frustration

The baby shower was very nice. It was held in Nafisa's mother's condo. She lives in one of the new condos just north of the 401 and east of Yonge. The building is very impressive. We had a bit of a walk from where we parked to the front door and it was bitterly cold but inside it was lovely. The party room is spacious, elegant and finely appointed. The building has the regular amenities and -- get this -- a four lane bowling alley. I still can't figure out why, but hey, I don't have to pay the condo fees.

When we came home, I decided to give the course cq block another stab. I didn't even finish it because it just didn't look right. I haven't grasped yet the concept of how to estimate what size and shape the pieces should be. I can often figure things out myself but this appears to be beyond my grasp so it's very frustrating.

I didn't sleep well last night. Not because I couldn't figure it out. Menopause, I assume. I was up from about 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. So I was not the happiest camper today.

Nevertheless, I decided that I will piece the cq using a template so at least I know how it will turn out, piecewise. I left my comfort zone to try freehand piecing. Didn't enjoy it so I am now returning to my comfort zone. I am also going to do this block white on white because I have lots of white fabric, I won't feel constricted in my embellishment colour choices and I won't have to make any purchases because I am on a fabric/trim/thread diet for a while.

So on that whiny note, I'm off to watch TV and have an early night.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...