Sunday, February 26, 2006

Productive/non-productive time

Yesterday, I did absolutely nothing. Well, not really. I cleaned two vacuum cleaners and did a load of laundry. I did absolutely nothing creatively. I did not even go into my studio. The muse just wasn't there. And since there are no homework deadlines, I'm not bothered.

Today, I started on the embroidery. On the pink and white square. (Because I don't want to run out to buy supplies and I have stuff which will go with the pink and white.) I did a row of beaded wavy chain stitch and will branch out from there. And I want to do a seam with two rows of feather stitch intertwined, if I can figure it out.

I'm not quite sure where this is going, so perhaps I will wait for the rest of the lessons so I have a clearer picture of how to put it all together.

Someone (Ro) said something about what good is his education -- he hasn't learned anything useful. I think it's more about what you learn about yourself than the content of the lessons.

And on that philosophical note, back to the studio.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...