Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Lost internet connection

We haven't had internet at home for two days. It's amazing how disconnected I feel without it. And yesterday I was too busy to surf at work so it's just now that I'm getting caught up on my email and visiting the sites I'm used to visiting.

Here's what's new:

Course block -- I did my SRE and it looks quite nice. I still need some beads, french knots, etc. to finish it out but it's coming along. I had to go to Staples/Business Depot yesterday to pick up something for the office. Fortunately, there is a Fabricland right there so I went in and bought a few trims. I'm now auditioning their placement (photos to follow when the internet service at home is restored). And I unpicked some other trim which no longer appealed to me. I'll post at the joggles forum and get feedback. I have to remember that the trim goes beyond the outer border of the square so I have to make a "frame" of paper so I can see what is going to be exposed when I finish.

Purim -- last night I was going to go downtown to the Kiever shul with my mother to hear the Megilla read by Ori. Yesterday, it was cold, windy and stormy. I opted to stay home.
Tonight, we're all at my mother's for a Purim get together. I'm looking forward to it.

Pomegranate Guild -- tomorrow is the monthly meeting. This time it's with Haya Nativ, an amazing fabric artist. It's hands on -- we're making Pesach matza covers and/or afikoman bags.
As much as I'm looking forward to it, I don't like going out at night. At least not until it gets warmer and the days get longer.

That's it for now.

No comments:

About Me

I am in my mid 50's, have been married (happily) for 38 years, have 3 adult children who live an ocean away... By day I am a legal secretary. The rest of the time I play with fabric but I still won't run with scissors...